Re: [SLE] RAID on IDE??
  • From: rmcgaugh@xxxxxxxxx (Rocky McGaugh)
  • Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:08:44 -0600 (CST)

software RAID on IDE is a snap.
Note that having your root fs on software RAID is not.

for just learning and playing, its just as easy to use two or more
ramdisks or loopback mounted filesystem images. i believe i posted
brief instructions to the list a coupla months ago, Dec maybe?..
might lookit the archives.

also, seems like i had some issues with 6.3 when i installed both
raidtools and mdutils.

good luck, and have fun..:)

Rocky McGaugh Atipa Linux Solutions
Linux Systems Engineer www.atipa.com