Re: [SLE] What odds SuSE talking to IBM to get a SuSE LINUX version of VisualAge for Java?

On Tue, 01 Feb 2000, Rachel Greenham wrote:
> scsijon wrote:
> >
> > I use it for OS2 and NT, and have had the least rework of any Java
> > Compiler.

See http://www-4.ibm.com/software/ad/vajava/ Poke around and you'll find the
Linux version. It's a hefty download as I recall.

I'd be interested in hearing opinions on vajava for linux. At San Jose State
our first two programming courses are taught in C++ using MS Visual C++ (it's a
horror show). We'll likely switch to Java next year and (I hope) have
NT/Liinux dual boots in our student labs. Would Linux/vajava work for
beginning student programmers?

> > Even if on the pay list
>
> I've found that installing Visual Age for Java under SuSE anyway works
> just fine.
>
> --
> Rachel
>

> --

Kenneth R. Kellum -- San Jose State University

What do you call an enlightened hillbilly?

Babba Ram Bubba