[SLE] ipchains + pppd
  • From: icarus@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Rogier Maas)
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2000 02:06:38 +0100

Hi,

I have a SuSE 6.3 box running as a firewall at school. It has an ISDN
dialup, and I protect it using ipchains. I've made a script that loads
the rules, and everything works fine....

Until the IP number changes.

When the box dials in again, it gets a different IP number. The
ipchains-rules however, remain on the other, obsolete address. How can I
fix this? Now I have to make a choice. Either I resubmit the rules on
the new IP, or I skip the firewalling stuff, thus letting others in...

Can anyone help me with this? Is there a script I can run *before* the
dialing?

Thanks,

Rogier Maas