Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (2234 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[SLE] (fwd) XFce 3.1.1 now released and ready for download from http://www.xfce.org
- From: tgdcuro1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Roy Culley)
- Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 14:53:38 +0200
- Message-id: <199909251253.OAA04900@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject says it all. The best, fastest and easiest to configure window
manager has just been made even better.
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 08:52:26 +0200
From: Olivier Fourdan <fourdan@xxxxxxxx>
To: "xfce-list, xfce-list" <xfce-list@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: XFce 3.1.1 now released and ready for download from http://www.xfce.or
XFce 3.1.1 is now released.
I guess all versions worth the upgrade, but this one maybe more than the others
Why ? Because of its speed (event handling during opaque move/resize has been
entirely rewritten), because of its usability (Play with CTRL+Esc to get the
list of windows running, forget about the dummy modifiers such as Num Lock or
Scroll Lock, etc...) and because it provides new features (Digital clock, yes,
know a lot of people were looking for such a feature !)
As I did last time with version 3.1, I won't anounce this widely before monday,
so if you find any problem (such as missing files in the RPM archive ;-) let' m
Here comes the latest Change Log :
24-SEP-1999 : XFce-3.1.1
* Improve event handling (better performance) for move/resize ops.
* Add configurable XPM icons for iconified windows
* Implement workarounds to buggy GTK+ 1.2.4
* Fix key bindings
* Ignore dummy modifers such as Num Lock or Scroll Lock for keyboard shortcut
* Add digital clock
* Totally new rewritten application !
* A very usefull terminal wrapper submitted by Joakim Andreasson
* Bug fixes
* Improve DnD
* Reduce memory leak (patch submitted by Francois Petitjean
* New clock widget (initially based on patches from a Cosource project
Olivier Fourdan (mailto:fourdan@xxxxxxx)
Looking for a different desktop ? Visit now http://www.xfce.org !
mailing list : send a mail to xfce-list-request@xxxxxxxx
XFce is the best X-GUI available on planet earth! You have received this
email because you subscribed to the XFce list. To unsubscribe send a
message to xfce-list-request@xxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in the body
of the message. The archives for this list are located at:
The home URL for XFce is: http://www.xfce.org. Have a nice day!
To unsubscribe send e-mail to suse-linux-e-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxx
For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@xxxxxxxx
Also check the FAQ at http://www.suse.com/Support/Doku/FAQ/
|< Previous||Next >|