Mailinglist Archive: opensuse (1983 mails)
|< Previous||Next >|
[SuSE Linux] Apps for SuSE 6.0!
- From: martin_moeller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Martin Møller)
- Date: Wed, 02 Dec 1998 21:34:26 +0100
- Message-id: <3665A452.36F66D16@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
My wishlist for SuSE 6.0 at the moment:
* TrueType support in X-Server (or easy integration)
* Easy 'migration' of Windows fonts so they are available in X
* Type1 and TrueType utilities for conversion, afm-generating, etc. (I
have put some of these in the Incoming dir a while ago)
* Some way of getting StarOffice to actually use either TrueType fonts
or converted fonts and not just fall back to Times
* The AWE utility set, and an integrated way to use them.
(<A HREF="http://bahamut.mm.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~iwai/midi.html"><A HREF="http://bahamut.mm.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~iwai/midi.html</A">http://bahamut.mm.t.u-tokyo.ac.jp/~iwai/midi.html</A</A>>)
* The eMusic MP3/MOD/etc. player in actually compilable form (I have
grave difficulties doing so -- I guess I would need GNOME 0.30 or later
to do it)
* mpg123 and similar command-line players.
* If possible, it would be neat with Wine-wrappers that could call
windows-programs with the right parameters set for 'smooth' operation.
This may be premature, though....
* I guess it's already in there, but: Easy Masquerading setups
* As a extension of the above: The c-mserver and the various clients
to pick and choose from.
* If you intend to stick with KDE 1.0 (and it *is* possible that KDE
1.1 won't be out, of course), could you include a late CVS-version that
will also compile for those of us who would like some of the extras they
include? The point here being 'compilable' ;)
* The TrueType/Type1/(StarOffice) and Masquerade situation
mentioned/explained in the manual.
* ICQ-clones such as GTKIcq and Licq (and that infamous 'play' program
Licq refers to, which I haven't yet been able to find)
* A Mozilla snapshot? Qt and GTK versions?
* As with KDE, a recent GNOME CVS-version that compiles in addition to
a stable one?
* The FoX libraries and samples
* The xkb_dk-1.0.tar.gz package available at ftp.sslug.dk (and
encouragement for others to do something similar for inclusion) - put
into a National/Native/Language group.
I think that's about it for now....
To get out of this list, please send email to majordomo@xxxxxxxx with
this text in its body: unsubscribe suse-linux-e
|< Previous||Next >|