Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-xorg (15 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-xorg] radeon and radeonhd from X11:XORg crashes when DRI+desktop effects are enabled
  • From: Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 11:01:12 +0200
On Oct 05, 09 22:15:41 +0200, Steffen Schloenvoigt wrote:
** Xorg: radeon_bo_legacy.c:207: legacy_is_pending: Assertion `bo_legacy-
is_pending <= bo->cref' failed.

This sounds very much like a severe regression. Please make sure that
you're using the very latest X11:Xorg ('zypper in Mesa libdrm' once
again), and if it still fails, please open a bug report.
Ok, tried that, reinstalled all packages from the repo but still the same
result. On which bug tracker should the bug be reported? Is it for upstream
Xorg or is it specific to openSuse ?

This very much sounds like an upstream issue. We don't do anything
special regarding radeonhd.

As a Software Engineer, I know for sure what an assertion is .
I have to fight with them every day :D
But thanks for your kind explanation ;-) .

:-P Your question looked like you needed some explanation. Seems I
misread it.

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf@xxxxxxx> __ __ __