Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-xorg (16 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-xorg] Slow desktop effects on ATI cards under the fglrx drivers
  • From: Dominik Grafenhofer <devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:07:22 +0200
Henne, please note that this is not a fix - it's a workaround. An
acceptable one, that is.

I understood that from the beginning :)

So *eventually* we want to get rid of the workaround again - if fglrx
ever manages to support the required operation with reasonable speed.

Sure thats for later. But for now we want to avoid the shitstorm that
other distributions are already in for exactly this problem right?

So what is the final plan for 11.2? Will the workaround go in? Will
there be a more official repo or should I prepare to point fglrx users
to my own buildservice repo?

Dominik