Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-xfce (11 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-xfce] exo changes caused breakage in openSUSE:Tumbleweed
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 19:54:58 +0100
Hi,

* Greg KH <gregkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [2012-03-22 19:11]:
With the recent change to exo, almost all of the xfce-based packages in
openSUSE:Tumbleweed now fail to build with an "unresolvable" status.

I get the build system error of:
have choice for libexo-1-1 = 0.6.2 needed by exo-devel:
libexo-1-0 exo, have choice for libexo-1.so.0 needed by
exo-tools: libexo-1-0 exo, have choice for exo-branding = 0.6.2
neeed by exo-data: exo-branding-openSUSE exo-branding-upstream
exo-branding-basedonopensuse

This error doesn't seem to be showing up in the X11:xfce repo (although

that probably happens because the old exo package containing the
library and tools is still available from the build target repo,
I ran into the same issue with X11:xfce yesterday. Adding

Prefer: -exo

to the Tumbleweed project config should lead to libexo-1-0 being
used.

you do have some build failures in there right now with the inability to
find the exo version in some packages).

AFAICS these are because of missing dependencies (e.g.
ristretto), I'll fix them soon.

I wasn't aware you're using unversioned links into the
development packages, wouldn't it be better to link to the
Factory packages or to at least use versioned symlinks to known
good versions?

I'm also planning to make libxfce4ui, libxfce4util, and
libxfcegui4 conform to the shared library policy so some more
issues like this may come up.
--
Guido Berhoerster