Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-xfce (11 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-xfce] All XFCE packages for appliance on Studio
  • From: "Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)" <iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 00:18:13 +0200
Hello,

Thanks for the reply.
I just got all the packages I have installed on virtual machine. I used the command:

rpm -qa > list.txt

I have the file with all the packages installed.
Do you think that if I try to use KiWi instead to have better luck. SUSE Studio lacks some packages.

I have to search if I can add some extra files (such as settings of the program).

Στις 12/03/2012 02:59 μμ, ο/η Guido Berhoerster έγραψε:
Hi,

* Stathis Iosifidis (aka diamond_gr)<iefstathios@xxxxxxxxx> [2012-03-12 10:22]:
I want to create an appliance based on XFCE. I want to install the
same programs (and look) as it's on DVD. I'm thinking to make it the
base livecd for medical programs.

I found the way to have XFCE as default environment:
http://blog.susestudio.com/2010/10/building-xfce4-desktop-with-suse-studio.html
please note that the above article seems to be about openSUSE 11.3
and the Xfce desktop has changed considerably since then so the
tweaks and fixes there might not be applicable any more. E.g. you
need to set DEFAULT_WM to "xfce" and not "startxfce4" in
/etc/sysconfig/windowmanager.

But there are couple of features missing.
I don't have much experience with Studio, however you might want
to make sure you have the following patterns and *all recommended
dependencies* selected:

patterns-openSUSE-xfce
patterns-openSUSE-xfce_basis
patterns-openSUSE-xfce_office

A stock intallation also contains the following patterns:

patterns-openSUSE-base
patterns-openSUSE-enhanced_base
patterns-openSUSE-enhanced_base_opt
patterns-openSUSE-fonts
patterns-openSUSE-fonts_opt
patterns-openSUSE-imaging
patterns-openSUSE-imaging_opt
patterns-openSUSE-multimedia
patterns-openSUSE-multimedia_opt
patterns-openSUSE-sw_management
patterns-openSUSE-x11
patterns-openSUSE-x11_opt
patterns-openSUSE-x11_yast
patterns-openSUSE-yast2_basis

You also probably also want LightDM as the default display
manager (I'm not sure that gets selected automatically by
Studio), by setting DISPLAYMANAGER="lightdm" in
/etc/sysconfig/displaymanager

--