Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-xfce (7 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-xfce] xinerama?
Hi,

Finally managed to convince myself that I needed two monitors. Now with two wonderful 23" displays sitting on my desk, I have one problem. The display behaves as if they are mirrors of each other.

Now I am not certain if this is a configuration in X11 or in the Desktop Environment.

I have an Nvidia card, but am not running the proprietary driver, i.e. using nouveau. Before I run off installing the proprietary driver and setup utility (and I guess this tells me that it's really an X11 setting?) I am hoping that someone can tell me how to get things working, i.e. displays behave independently, without the proprietary Nvidia driver.

Help is as always appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert

Tech Lead