Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-xfce (20 mails)

< Previous Next >
Re: [opensuse-xfce] XFCE4 SplashScreen image for openSUSE 12.1
  • From: Guido Berhoerster <gber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 18:12:33 +0200
* Marcin Floryan <marcin.floryan@xxxxxxxxx> [2011-10-06 14:12]:
Hi!

I have been toying with openSUSE12.1 Beta 1 and running XFCE.

I have noticed that the xfce4-session-branding-openSUSE package has a
nice xfce splash screen.

The image though is using the artwork for previous version so I have
done a quick alternative using the new artwork.

Perhaps it's something you could use?

Yes, that looks interesting and we need a new splash.
What exact version of the wallpaper from where did you base this on?
Is the Xfce logo from
https://gitorious.org/opensuse/art/blobs/master/11.4/xfce4-branding-openSUSE/xfce-splash.svg?
Do you have a SVG version or could you make one?
Would you agree to make this available under the CC BY-SA 3.0
license (under which the above Xfce logo is licensed)?
This should be maintained in the art git repo
(https://gitorious.org/opensuse/art/), would you mind contacting
the artwork team (opensuse-artwork@xxxxxxxxxxxx or
#openSUSE-artwork on freenode) or would you prefer me to take
care of that?

Thanks,
--
Guido Berhoerster