Re: [opensuse-wiki] Removing empty comment delimiters
Hello,

on Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2011, Rajko M. wrote:
On Wednesday, January 05, 2011 06:03:57 am Christian Boltz wrote:
Matthew, can you please install the extension (again)?
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ExpandTemplates

I guess that it was disabled as it was not specially useful for our
use case. We don't have complex templates like Wikipedia, where
template is nested within another and so on for few levels.

Well, ... ;-)

I know Wikipedia uses some highly complex tempates which make
expandtemplates very useful (as in: without it, it's *impossible* to
debug them ;-) - but expandtemplates is still useful for not-so-complex
templates. Whitespace issues are a prominent example where it is very
helpful.

Oh, and ExpandTemplates "only" provides a special page, so I don't
expect any conflicts with other extensions.

Also, whoever removed comment delimiters did not check effects on
articles that include those templates, and I don't think that
presence of extension will help much :)

;-)

What would be helpful if someone (including me :) takes time and
think how to create information system that will help editors to get
information without reading a lot of emails, or wiki pages.

What about a note about the comments in the template documentation?
Since you probably need it more than once, it should be a template
itsself ({{html-comment-note}}) to avoid duplication.

That's one part. The other part would be a help: page specific for
template "tricks" (which could also include {{html-comment-note}}.
(Before you ask: ENOTIME ;-)

Regards,

Christian Boltz
--
Hier hab ich gerade noch was gefunden, was ist denn bitte
ein Dialerzwang?