Re: [opensuse-wiki] lxc
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 16:32:46 +0100
Hey,

On 11/16/2010 03:54 PM, Brian K. White wrote:

Or is it just that this article happens to be in the root namespace and
maybe just that is no longer allowed to be scribbled on at random and
everything else is still actually a wiki? That would be just tolerable.

That's the way it is, yes. The Main namespace (with no prefix) is meant
for the presentation of the latest openSUSE Distribution, think of it as
the product brochure, for people who are new to openSUSE and maybe to
Linux in general. That's why we have a tighter quality control there.

Looking at your page i would suggest you split it into two pages.
en.opensuse.org/LXC that uses the application page template to tell
users about it (brochure style) and en.opensuse.org/SDB:LXC_setup that
has all the setup information.

In that case I'll just copy it to some other namespace where the info
can be kept current and someone who is paid by novell to curate their
web site can replace the existing root namespace article with an
overview that should require little upkeep, with links to the real tech
info elsewhere.

Dude, I can understand that this is annoying for you but you need to
work on your tone. People try to do their best, no need to get snappy...

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson