Re: [opensuse-wiki] older contributors on openSUSE
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 05:46:32 -0500
On Sunday 17 October 2010 04:37:58 Kostas Koudaras wrote:
As I am looking at our wiki I wonder where I can find who contributed
and where in the Greek wiki, Rajko M. send us
http://el.opensuse.org/Special:ListUsers and all links to members
there are broken except 2 where one of them ends up nowhere
(user:Mlasars) ,even mine led nowhere and I fixed it but take a look
and user diamond_gr in the list,his link is dead although he has a
profile page at http://en.opensuse.org/User:Diamond_gr .

Freek answered this.

http://en.opensuse.org/User:Mlasars does not exist as Martin did not appear
for long time. His user page is now only on http://old-en.opensuse.org .
He was once boss for all wikies, including language wikies. You will find his
name on all language wikies.

it looks like
we have many people contribute but since we cannot find who
contributed where an we cannot find their profiles so that we may find
a way to communicate with them it is very difficult.

You are interested in recent contributors. Many did just a little change here
and there, and didn't bothered to create user page.

We want to tell
them for our try so if they want to help us,also many people wrote
some articles that we do not need to make great changes or change at
all and credit should be given to them (because as someone told
me,giving credit to whom he deserve it is great deal for the
community).

Yes giving a credit is a big deal in open source.
People work for no monetary compensation, but want to see their wiki nick in
the article history.

Also the Greek translation about bureaucrat is Γραφειοκράτης I am
telling you that because I have another problem. On the English page
when you press bureaucrat(near the name) it get you to
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:ListUsers/bureaucrat
and when you are there and you press the bureaucrat word it get you
there(to the same point). In Greek now if you press Γραφειοκράτης it
gets you nowhere, now I made a research and I found that there is an
actual link about the Greek language and it is here :
http://el.opensuse.org/Ειδικό:ΚατάλογοςΧρηστών/bureaucrat I tried but
for some reason I cannot fix the link. Same thing happens to editor,
reviewer, administrator only there I didn't found any links, at list
for now :-) .

Use drop down list. It is a button in a first line to select what you want to
see, then click on Go to se the list.

This is link that will lead to Γραφειοκράτης:
http://el.opensuse.org/index.php?title=%CE%95%CE%B9%CE%B4%CE%B9%CE%BA%CF%8C:
%CE%9A%CE%B1%CF%84%CE%AC%CE%BB%CE%BF%CE%B3%CE%BF%CF%82%CE%A7%CF%81%CE%B7%CF%83%CF%84%CF%8E%CE%BD&username=&group=bureaucrat&limit=50
(You have to collect all pieces. KMail doesn't handle non-english links very
nicely)

Use http://el.opensuse.org/Special:RecentChanges to see last changes.
At the top of the page you can select period and number of the changes you
want to see. Behind each user name in that list you have (Talk|contribs|block)
links. Click on "contribs" and you have list of contributions.

To leave message for user use his talk page. For example see
http://el.opensuse.org/User_talk:Warlordfff

Old admin of Greek wiki Azoutsos was active on 18 October 2010.
You can contact him ( http://el.opensuse.org/User_talk:Azoutsos ) to organize
work on the wiki.

Can anyone tell me why all that is happening how can I fix all that?
Please remember you are talking to a rookie at wiki Stuff.
Thanks in advance

I'm short with time now, so I'll be back to this thread after work.

Rajko