Re: [opensuse-wiki] Redundant namespaces, in particular openSUSE: and also article Kernel
  • From: Rémy Marquis <remy.marquis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 16:22:15 +0200
On Thu, Aug 5, 2010 at 12:06 PM, pistazienfresser (see profile)
<pistazienfresser@xxxxxx> wrote:
On 04/08/10 20:32, Brandon Philips wrote:
I tried creating a
Portal:Kernel
Thanks a lot!
but ran out of ideas of what it would be useful for.
I have to admit that I will be not very good in contributing knowledge
to kernel related wiki articles and the kernel portal but
some questions/ideas I posted on the according discussion pages:
http://wiki.opensuse.org/Portal_Talk:Kernel

And maybe you, Brandon, could write a bit about the kernel article, the
kernel portal in the kernel mailing list?
;-) Or are the only one in the openSUSE who knows about kernel issues
and are willing and able to share a bit of your knowledge with the
common people? /;-)

Have a lot of fun
pistazienfresser

Hi there,

Sorry that I haven't followed the whole thread about the Kernel
article, but I guess it is planned that the current article should be
splitted to different pages, right?
The current Portal:Kernel (which looks really good) just redirect to
different section of the same wiki page, not separating general
content from howto-install kodt and bug report explanation. I guess a
major portion of the article would fit better in the SDB.

Thus, I actually added the "merge" tag to Portal:Kernel (which
redirect everything to this page.. kind of duplicate actually). I can
help to rearrange the article if needed (when I could find some free
time). Please just don't remove the tag so I won't forget it later.

Regards,
R.