Re: [opensuse-wiki] Redundant namespaces, in particular openSUSE: and also article Kernel
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 22:34:26 -0500
On Wednesday 04 August 2010 13:32:50 Brandon Philips wrote:

I see that they provide news, and featured articles, etc. That is a lot
of work to maintain and I don't want to do it. I tried creating a
Portal:Kernel but ran out of ideas of what it would be useful for.

Featured article can be one of 5 that you put in appropriate subpages, that
will pop up randomly on every page reload. Right now it is not very used
feature, as (I suspect) people don't know that we have that.

{{Random portal component|max=5|header= |footer= | subpage= }}

http://en.opensuse.org/Template:Random_portal_component

Complete list of extensions that are installed in our wiki is
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Version

The only one that is installed, but not in that list is:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:EventCountdown

I rearranged http://en.opensuse.org/Portal:Kernel a bit.

First reason "kernel-source commits" had long lines.
Second, portal was isolated from other portals.

The list of other portals is way too long, but I have to find time to put some
of titles in subcategories.

Rajko