Re: [opensuse-wiki] Transferring articles
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 18:40:17 -0500
On Thursday 15 July 2010 05:49:54 jdd wrote:

I didn't understood you want to discourage new contributors and old
ones...

Sincerely, the wiki structure is explained well, and if someone asks about
details we can help, but on the other hand if someone has a problem to
understand:
Main distro presentation (concepts, software)
SDB problems and not standard procedures
openSUSE projects and subprojects
Help Wiki related stuff
HCL Hardware related stuff
Archive Old that we want to keep as reference

Use categories for automatic article tagging.
Use portals to present your topic.
Use templates for easy writing and unified look and feel.

then it is questionable how that person can contribute at all.

It is new view and I know that old contributors will have problem to forget
old stuff first, but in a long run new structure that keeps our activities
separated and offer aid to writers that they did not have before, will benefit
both, contributors and readers.

Rajko