Re: [opensuse-wiki] new wiki.o.o ...
  • From: "Matthew Ehle" <mehle@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 16:19:44 -0600
It looks like MediaWiki disables the ability for external redirects for
security reasons (good ones in my opinion). While I can look at the
possibility of enabling this, I see two other options that might be better.

http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgDisableHardRedirects

We could simply enable this on en.o.o until we go live. We would get
redirects that we can maintain without bothering you all the time. That
sounds way better to me, agreed? :)

I actually found a way to do this without changing any wiki settings. In the
interwiki table, there is a field called iw_local for specifying whether the
interwiki link should be treated as if it were a link to the local wiki.

I added wiki.opensuse.org to the English interwiki table and set the iw_local
setting to "1", so that only hard redirects to wiki.o.o are allowed. I did
this on both stage and production. Here is the test page for stage:

http://enstage.opensuse.org/TestPage

To create the redirect, set up the article using only this text:
#REDIRECT [[wiki:<WikiPage>]]

Matthew Ehle
Web Engineer
Application Development & Maintenance