Re: [opensuse-wiki] Mediawiki extensions
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 22:50:42 -0500
On Wednesday 05 May 2010 06:01:41 Thomas Schmidt wrote:

Do you think these extensions can help us, or did I miss an interesting
one?

UsabilityInitiative is set of extensions, but for us could be interesting
WikiEditor .
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:UsabilityInitiative

Also there is WYSIWYG editor:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:FCKeditor_%28Official%29
It worked for me on simple texts, but it will fail with complicated
structures. It can be turned on and off by the user, so it will not stand in
the way for advanced editing. The most important application will be to edit
tables.

I mentioned few times ReaderFeedback :
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ReaderFeedback
It can be nice complement to FlaggedRevs + Forums Q/A, as even non logged in
users can give feedback without extra effort. Article that has low ratings can
be checked on content quality. It is important that feedback is not simple few
stars, so user has ability to tell what he likes. The only bad is that
administrators will see 2 forms on the bottom, when logged in, but they are
admins because they can handle that :)

--
Regards Rajko,