Re: [opensuse-wiki] Wrong capitalization in wiki.o.o
  • From: Petr Uzel <petr.uzel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:53:43 +0200
On Mon, Apr 26, 2010 at 05:09:17PM +0200, Rémy Marquis wrote:
Hi all,

I noticed that quite a lot of articles recently migrated to wiki.o.o
have bad [1] title capitalization (Camel Case).

If there are no objections, I'll go through all the articles, fix
capitalization (article title and section titles) and _delete_ the
redirects.

Hi,

Yes, go ahead.

JFYI, this is what I did:

1.
Fixed title capitalization of articles in all namespaces. Some
articles still have bad capitalization (e.g.
openSUSE:Build_Service_Camel_Case) - I'll come back to these later.

After moving (renaming) each article, I fixed all links pointing
to the old name and deleted the redirect.

2.
Every time I edited an article, I also tried to fix capitalization
of section headers.

3.
Fixed capitalization of categories.

4.
Deleted all references to Template:Contentcheck - IMHO useless in new
instance.

5.
Went through Special:WantedTemplates and fixed most of the references
to non-existant Templates.

The WantedTemplates page still lists e.g. Intro-frame as
wanted template with 31 links to it, but [1] says that "No pages link
to Template:Intro-frame". I don't get it.

6.
Renames all pages SDB:$foo*HOWTO to SDB:$foo, as I believe the HOWTO
suffix is redundant in SDB: namespace. Links fixed, redirects deleted.

Random thoughts:

A.
A lot of fun is waiting at [2]. ATM it lists ~1500 broken links. Most
of them broken because the linked pages simply have not been migrated yet,
but many also because the pages were migrated to different namespace
(e.g. Contrib->openSUSE:Contrib).

B.
Combination of All is Text [3] FF extension, Gvim and mediawiki
plugin [4] proved to be quite useful for mass edits. If you want to
give it a shot, add following lines to your .vimrc:

autocmd BufRead,BufNewFile *wiki.opensuse.org* setfiletype Wikipedia
autocmd BufRead,BufNewFile *en.opensuse.org* setfiletype Wikipedia

[1]
http://wiki.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:WhatLinksHere&target=Template%3AIntro-frame
[2] http://wiki.opensuse.org/Special:WantedPages
[3] https://addons.mozilla.org/cs/firefox/addon/4125