[opensuse-wiki] Review of the transition process
  • From: Rémy Marquis <remy.marquis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 17:09:39 +0200
On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

Okay i tried to summarize the transition guidelines, all the feedback we
got about it and my own experiences from the last 2 weeks into the Help
page for transferring content after we switched to the new instance.
After removing a lot of information duplicated from the individual Help
pages and a couple of superfluous manual steps i ended up with

http://wiki.opensuse.org/Help:Transfer

I think this is a very decent description of what Tom, I and others have
done for the past couple of weeks. The only thing not covered is the
Tagging of the articles in the old instance. Thats because I'm very
unsure if we need this or not.

Thx for the great job!

Isn't putting a single Template (Template:Transferred) onto the old page
after you are finished with transferring according to Help:Transfer the
only thing we need? We can add these pages to  Category:Transferred with
this template and would end up with everything we gain from tagging now.
Advertising, Awareness, list of things transferred. Opinions?

Yes. Actually, this template is existing :
http://en.opensuse.org/Template:TransferNote

Regards,

R.