Re: [opensuse-wiki] default skin on wiki.o.o
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 10:35:29 +0200
Hi,

On 04/26/2010 08:30 AM, Robert Lihm wrote:
On 23.04.2010, at 15:41, Thomas Schmidt wrote:

After discussing with henne, we came to the conclusion to prefer
bentofluid[1] over standard bento[2] for the new wiki skin.
I think the skin is ready to be used as default on wiki.o.o to get some more
feedback
and have it ready for production at the same time as the wiki relaunch.
This will hopefully align with the release of the new bento design on
build.o.o, software.o.o etc.

Well, my personal opinion as designer is, that it's better to go with
the fixed bento theme as default and provide the option to switch
the theme permanently to fluid. Why I vote for fixed bento? In the
fluid version, the line-lenght can easily get to long. And I'm pretty
sure, that normal users [1] ayes freakout on such long lines. So it's
usability issue.

They will never get this far because they will never get the fixed width
wiki. There are a whole lot of mediawiki installations and very few use
fixed width. Every popular mediawiki installation I'm aware of looks
basically the same.
I know its considered a controversial topic but "doing it like everyone
else does" is a factor. One that lets me swing to fluid width.

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.
- Mike Tyson