Re: [opensuse-wiki] Wiki Transition + Next Meeting
  • From: Remy Marquis <remy.marquis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 17:46:37 +1100
2009/11/19 Rupert Horstkötter <rhorstkoetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

2. Rajko, Shayon and Remy already made good progress with the
wiki-templates. The result is available at
http://en.opensuse.org/Template and
http://en.opensuse.org/Daily_templates. We still need to think about
an article-template to ensure a consistent look&feel of Tutorial
pages.

I've completed the [[Daily_templates]] page with some general examples.
Please have a look and discuss the standardized look&feel proposed here.

Also, about the "Article Tags" :
- Maybe we should apply one unique colour ? We have actually orange,
red and blue...
- Is the "Obsolete" template really useful ? We already have an
"Outdated" template. I believe that "Outdated" is for article that can
be updated, while "Obsolete" is more appropriate for end-of-life
technology articles (such as ZMD, KDE update applet that will be
replaced by PackageKit, HAL vs PolicyKit, etc.), correct ?

3. As soon as possible I'll get started with the creation of the
Guidelines. I'd appreciate any helping hand interested in contributing
here. We need to explain the proper Wiki Usage, the creation of
articles from a design, formulation, conception and syntax
perspective. The Templates need to be linked and the QA Process
(FlaggedRevs in combination with the Wiki Forum) need to be explained
in detail. I'll definitely need input from Wiki Seniors to explain the
one or the other aspect.

Good! A clear guideline is crucially missing. I can assist you on this.

So far the organizational things...

That said, I'd like to schedule the next Meeting to get everyone
involved on IRC to be able to discuss the Transition and steps we need
to take care of in a real time conversation. In contrast to our last
Meeting I'd appreciate very much to have all Wiki Seniors attending
along with the Boosters, Henne and Frank. Thus I won't schedule until
I got input about availability of all parties - please tell me what
time during the week is most appropriate for you. I myself prefer to
schedule on CET evening to assure a sufficient time for american and
indian participants (Shayon) while still have a sufficient time for
european participants in place.

Not sure if I can attend, as I have a +10 time difference. If it's
sufficiently late (10pm), I could attend in the morning (8am here), as
far as I am free (saturday/sunday morning only). 3pm CET would also
make it (1am here), but not later in weekdays.

Regards,

R.