Re: [opensuse-wiki] ATTENTION: please keep organization in mind
  • From: Jon Rocker <linux.learner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 23:56:41 -0700
On a short term, anything of this magnitude is impossible. We need to
come up with a plan in smaller bites (no pun intended). Cleaning and
maintaining the wiki is one thing that should be continually done. Not
something that is done once in a while.

To that end, I think that if each respective team kept/maintained and
organized their part of the wiki, so that it is in line with the
overall wiki, then we can accomplish much more, in less time. Think of
it organizationally. No large company tries to use one manager to run
everything. It's to big. But instead they have managers that report to
their bosses, and so on and so forth.

Coming from a call center experience, I am more familiar with that
organization. So you have the people taking calls (those writing the
wiki articles), then you have their supervisors, and then the
supervisors have their managers. The managers have the project
manager. The project manager reports to the call center director.

I don't know anyones position here, so I can't go and complete that
analogy. I do hope you understand it though. If we work it something
like that, we will be able to accomplish so much more.

Respectfully
Jon Rocker
Sent from Sun City, AZ, United States