Re: [opensuse-wiki] ATTENTION: please keep organization in mind
  • From: Shayon <hkwarlock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 11:53:13 +0530

Hello,

On Nov 17, 2009, at 11:10 AM, Remy Marquis <remy.marquis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Well i am not sure about an approx ETA (most probably a week or so,
though not sure).As it is constant process .And requires very much of
reviewing work and all similar stuffs.So it would take time. But will
surely notify when its done (any one of the concerned one can do this) :)

Hi,

About the Flaggrev : It seems to be the way to go :)

About the Templates : It a total mess :)
With Rajko and Shayon, we had a look at the 200+ different templates
available, cleaned bunch of articles and marked dozen of useless or
duplicate templates for deletion. There is more work to come, but at
the present state, the following wiki pages

- [[Template]] regroups the templates that are really useful and that
shouldn't be deleted
- [[Daily_templates]] regroups the main tags that will be used for
article review/writing style policy and (more to come here)

Also [[Template messages to review]] -this contains the templates which needs the review by the senior wiki team members, so as to how to deal with them

I believe it is impossible to entirely clean the actual wiki on a
short term (as this implies to rewrite/change tags on hundreds of
pages), but we can start the new wiki with the already "checked"
templates. We will need to rewrite some pages to assure a consistent
visual style, but hopefully we won't need to change the irrelevant
pages that won't be transferred in the new wiki anyway. Also, if a
template reveals itself to be essential when we proofread the new
wiki, we can add it on the "checked template" list.

To summarize, it's difficult to clean the actual wiki, but we'll be
able to start the new wiki with selected template in a few days at the
latest. We still need to work a bit on the visual appearance of some
templates thus.

I am on the same page here Remu :)
Regards,

R.