Re: [opensuse-wiki] RFC: Content Structure
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 19:36:40 -0600
This could be part of the Project: namespace (the wiki _is_ a part of
the openSUSE project ;-)

I think thats this way of thinking is part of our problem ;)

:) It is a part of the problem.

Of course this wiki is part of the project. But this wiki does not need
to be a map of our project. We need to use this wiki for what it is. A
tool to write collaborative. And as such the manual of how to use this
wiki is even more important as the content in it.

Agree. When wiki was the only place for all types of information, it was
normal to have all stuff there, but now it is not necessary.

Another part of the problem is that heritage.
We have to make decision what content belongs to wiki and what should go to
landing page http://opensuse.org/ . That is the page where everybody lands
after installation and while it is now in much better shape then right after
introduction, it is still partial representation of the project.

When on topic of landing page. I would move all static content on
http://en.opensuse.org/Welcome_to_openSUSE.org
to landing page, and Welcome populate with current project activity, article
of the month, week, day, new projects, the most active projects, more dynamic
stuff that changes from time to time.

When was 11.2 release day instead of itty bitty counter announcing it, main
page should be http://en.opensuse.org/OpenSUSE_11.2 . Sincerely it is not late
even now, but it is not only my decision.

Henne

--
Regards, Rajko

openSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team