Re: [opensuse-wiki] Moving forward towards a better wiki
  • From: Remy Marquis <remy.marquis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:44:20 +1100
I won't choose sides when it comes to picking an option in upper list. That's
for the more advanced/skilled wiki-guys. There is one thing I'd like to say
about it though. It seems to me there is no way of avoiding a major hassle,
but it's needed. So, it doesn't really matter wich option will be picked. it
always comes down to the same point wich is...
First come up with a nice structure. (i think we had a discussion on that
before. The main divider should be something like new users, devel, download,
support database, etc...)
second the layout. Nice, of course... but I thought of something themeable..
so it could be adjusted with every release cycle? Wouldn't that be cool?
Anyhow... once these two things are set clear, it's just a matter of putting
al things together again.

I agree. But the 3rd option seems the most efficient way to obtain a
"clean" wiki quickly, as we have lot of extra/obsolete information
that we don't need. I think it's also easier to select the pages that
are really relevant that to remove and reorganise those that aren't.
Let's start from scratch to ensure the best quality !

R.