[opensuse-wiki] RFC: Content Structure
  • From: Henne Vogelsang <hvogel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 03 Nov 2009 17:39:06 +0100
Hi,

i clicked (nearly) through the (complete) wiki today, and i think we can
reduce the clutter to 3 big topics and sort everything into those.

- Distro (Namespace=main,Portal=Portal:$VERSION,Project=Distro)
- Project (Namespace=Project,Portal=Portal:Project,Project=Project)
- Meta (Wiki) (Namespace=Meta,Portal=Portal:Wiki,Project=Wiki)

So something like this structure:

Main
-> Portal:11.2
-> /Features
-> /Screenshots
-> /Screenshots/KDE
-> /Screenshots/UserDesktops
-> /Press
-> /SDB
-> SDB:ASUS_WL-160N_USB_Wireless_Adapter
-> keep older versions in $VERSION namespace e.g. 11.1:Features
and 1.11:Screenshots/GNOME

-> Portal:Project
-> Project:Guiding Principles
-> Project:Teams
-> Project:Teams/Boosters_Team
-> Project:Teams/Boosters_Team/Tasks
-> Project:Teams/GNOME
-> Project:Teams/GNOME/Submitting_Bugs
-> Project:Communication
-> Project:Communication/Mailinglists
-> Project:Communication/Mailinglists/Etiquette
-> Project:Communication/Forums
-> Project:Communication/IRC
-> Project:Communication/Meetings
-> Project:Communication/Meetings/Archive
-> Project:Tools
-> Project:Tools/Build Service
-> Project:Tools/Build_Service/Concepts

-> Portal:Wiki
-> Meta::Structure
-> Meta:Structure/Templates
-> Meta:Structure/Namespaces
-> Meta:Styleguide

This way we would, like Rajko proposes, keep the main namespace clean.
Can limit search to the main and the Portal namespace. Won't get another
6 gazillion namespaces. And have a structure we can expand in an
orderly fashion by forcing new topics to start with a portal and in
their own namespace. What do you think?

Henne

--
Henne Vogelsang, openSUSE.