Re: [opensuse-wiki] Review needed for certain pages...!?!
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 18 Oct 2009 21:51:15 -0500
On Sunday 18 October 2009 14:27:20 Shayon wrote:
Hello ppl,

While i was checking the articles,i came across few pages which i
suppose needs a kind of extra attention by the daily
contributors/experienced wiki maintainers,because i dont find any
alternative to deal with it.So i thought of creating a Template and a
Category on it-The links are as follows --

Template-http://en.opensuse.org/Template:Review

Category-http://en.opensuse.org/Category:Pages_that_need_review

Good job.

BTW, when you put links in email it is better if there is one space between
previous text and the link, like this:
Template http://en.opensuse.org/Template:Review
Category http://en.opensuse.org/Category:Pages_that_need_review

That way email client makes link that we can click on and open in browser.
The way you did Kmail treated all as a text.

If the editor/author/maintainer thinks that the page(s) needs a
special attention ,then he can add the template REVIEW so that the
daily contributors/senior wiki maintainers,will have a look at it and
find a possible way to deal with it.

Once again thanks for initiative. This is one of templates that we need.

Maybe just to use name "Needs review", to make make name "Review" available
for template that can be used to enhance articles that are actually review of
something, for instance software, hardware, work flow, usability, methods,
solutions, installation etc.

The problem with any article title, or uploaded file, on the wiki is to choose
name that is not too simple which leads to ambiguity and requires page moves
later on, or too complex which creates problems to remember and use.

To avoid problems with simple (generic) names, I use simple rule:
Avoid generic terms and single words. If they appear as the most suitable then
do research using Wikipedia and Google, ask around for opinions.

--
Regards, Rajko

OpenSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team
People of openSUSE: http://en.opensuse.org/People_of_openSUSE/About