Re: Revised:Re: [opensuse-wiki] openSUSE:Checked Pages & Portal - Query]
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:31:12 -0500
On Tuesday 13 October 2009 02:12:08 Shayon wrote:
Rajko M. wrote:
The Portal/All is manually updated from time to time, as the only
maintainer is me, so it is not complete list of all pages. The idea
behind is to have all pages listed by alphabet, one line per title (wiki
article) which more readable then current Special:Allpages that lists
articles in 3 columns from left to right. The reason that update doesn't
happen more often is that I lost few scripts that were used to create
text with wiki syntax that I can simply copy and paste to Portal/All, and
after so long time I would have to start from scratch, as I have just dim
idea what I used in the script[s].

The method that uses Special:Allpages is better idea, as they are always
up to date.

Ohk fine,so is there a need to configure pages in the
-http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Checked_Pages.?SO that it can be added
to Portal/All later on.?

Thank You!

It is not configuration, it is list of checked pages, where check is
elementary stuff, like:
- does it appear as complete, at least to be considered as a stub,
- that is not some content that we don't tolerate, like spam etc.
- that title and text in the article are on the same topic
- that user didn't format it in a bad way
(example is when one leaves spaces at the begin of the line, the line is
printed as a fixed font in a frame with gray background, breaking structure of
the article)
- for what openSUSE, or application version is written, in other words is it
obsolete

In any case we don't check technical details in the article, unless we know
the topic; which is probably not the case for the majority of texts. That part
has to be checked by people with expertise in a particular field.

Currently, as we don't have detailed style guidelines there is no way to check
adherence to them and point author/authors to respective portion of
guidelines.

--
Regards, Rajko

OpenSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team