Re: [opensuse-wiki] openSUSE:Checked Pages & Portal - Query
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:29:14 -0500
On Monday 12 October 2009 12:29:24 Shayon wrote:
Hello ppl,
I just saw that under the section ALL
ARTICLES-Portal(http://en.opensuse.org/Portal/All) almost all pages are
mentioned(configured),while i dont see them on opensuse:checked
pages(http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Checked_Pages).I have currently
finished checking and maintaining out the Z page,now i am going for the
X.SO i wanted to know is there a need to do that(maintaining checked
pages)?OR the section ALL ARTICLES is totally configured?

The Portal/All is manually updated from time to time, as the only maintainer
is me, so it is not complete list of all pages. The idea behind is to have all
pages listed by alphabet, one line per title (wiki article) which more
readable then current Special:Allpages that lists articles in 3 columns from
left to right. The reason that update doesn't happen more often is that I lost
few scripts that were used to create text with wiki syntax that I can simply
copy and paste to Portal/All, and after so long time I would have to start
from scratch, as I have just dim idea what I used in the script[s].

The method that uses Special:Allpages is better idea, as they are always up to
date.

--
Regards, Rajko

OpenSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team