Re: [opensuse-wiki] Wiki requested extensions
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 19:18:56 -0500
On Monday 12 October 2009 05:40:28 Clayton wrote:
http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team/Requested_Extensions#Extension:WikiPDF

I've done a LOT of work on MediaWiki to PDF on the OpenOffice.org Wiki
and we went with this extension instead:
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Collection Is there any
particular reason that WikiPDF was requested over Collection?

I didn't know the Extension:Collection. I have added it to the list :-)

I could have done that too :-) I just wanted to ask if it had been
considered etc. I haven't been active on the openSUSE Wiki or its
mailing list... until now.

I toyed with installing WikiPDF and its predecessor on the OOo Wiki,
but opted for Collection because it seemed to do a better job and it
was easy to admin... especially once I updated the OOo Wiki to
MediaWiki 1.15.1.

It seems that Frank will have bigger company now :-)

I play with local wiki installation that is MediaWiki 1.15.1, PHP 5.3.0 and
MySQL 5.1.36. I have the openSUSE CSS working to some extent, but it needs
more work to get it right. For me that is just a playground to learn more how
MediaWiki works.

The real work is done by Frank Sundermeyer and Robert Lihm.

--
Regards, Rajko

OpenSUSE Wiki Team: http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team
People of openSUSE: http://en.opensuse.org/People_of_openSUSE/About