Re: [opensuse-wiki] Queries and info on Rating system!
  • From: Shayon <hkwarlock@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2009 08:26:55 +0530
Rajko M. wrote:
On Monday 05 October 2009 10:21:43 Shayon wrote:
Hello ppl,
Just a short Note on Rating System

I have done a bit of research on Rating extension.What i got is that
theres already MediaWiki extension available for it.So the only thing
which is required to set-up the rating system is that the script should
be implemented to/via the database of the website(If i am correct),Which
i cant do(As i am not an administrator).So i would request the
administrators to do that.To make the rating system available.

The entire thing can be run on Ajax or php script.(through mediawiki).

I have posted the above on the talk page of wiki team/requested extension.

So i would request you all,to help me out with this.Or else we can do it
together(if possible) :) .

Any kind of explanation,help,info will be appreciated.

The extensions are considered as a part of upgrade.

It is not that easy as install extension and look what is going to happen.
The openSUSE wiki is not home playground, it is used by many people and any
upgrade, extension, change in skin, must work as expected, without unpleasant
surprises of any kind.

Any extension has to be reviewed for compatibility with our wiki and that is
what will be done very soon.

I don't know exact term, but people responsible for technical part of wiki
management are already working on upgrade and they will announce it as soon
as
test server is ready to go.

Ohk Fine I get it. :).Lets See what happens

"Computer is just not a Desktop,it is more than that,IT IS LINUX!!" :)