[opensuse-wiki] 1st report on methodically checking pages on en.o.o
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 21:48:35 +0200
Hi,

as discussed on #opensuse-wiki (Freenode), I have started to methodically
checking all pages on en.opensuse.org by walking through
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Allpages.

"Checking" means that every page (except redirects) that has been checked has
either been

* marked (as stub, outdated, to be merged, to be moved, ...)
* deleted
* or decalared OK (see my mail "RFC: Marking articles that have been "QA"'ed"
to this list)

The goal is to clean up the wiki and to find and mark all articles that are in
need of polishing.

Since I hope to find volunteers helping me with the task, I have also set up a
page listing all pages checked togethter with their status:

http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team/Checked_Pages

This list also contains articles I have not checked - either because they are
written in a language I do not understand or because they deal with a topic on
which I am not fit enough to decide whether the article is still up-to-date or
not.

Help with the task would be very much appreciated - either by checking the
unchecked articles on http://en.opensuse.org/Wiki_Team/Checked_Pages
or by helping me going through the Allpages list. If you like to help, please
join the IRC channel #opensuse-wiki on Freenode - it's probably easier to
coordinate via IRC than via email.

My nick is FSundermeyer and you can usually find me there on Mo-Fr from 10:00
am to 6:00 pm CEST.

--
Regards
Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)