Re: [opensuse-wiki] RFC: Language wikis with low or no activity
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:50:32 +0200
On Friday 05 June 2009 13:30:47 Jan-Olof Eriksson wrote:

Hi,

http://fi.opensuse.org/ 13 edits in the last year

Well, i think reason is this http://opensuse.fi/ , we have active
finnish community, but 2 wikis, offical and unoffical.

Im sysop at fi.opensuse.org, but i confess, i havent got time to update
it much, sorry. Whole wiki cant be one mans project. But go ahead, close
it if you like.

from your email address I guess you are also involved in http://opensuse.fi/
;-) and I also guess that this wiki has more contributors than the official
one.

IMHO it does not make sense to have two wikis for one language.

If no one objects. I would suggest that you remove the existing pages and put
a text like:

This wiki has been closed down. Please visit either the official openSUSE wiki
in English or the unofficial Finish openSUSE wiki.

--
Regards
Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)