Re: [opensuse-wiki] RFC: Language wikis with low or no activity
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 13:50:32 +0200
On Friday 05 June 2009 13:30:47 Jan-Olof Eriksson wrote:

Hi, 13 edits in the last year

Well, i think reason is this , we have active
finnish community, but 2 wikis, offical and unoffical.

Im sysop at, but i confess, i havent got time to update
it much, sorry. Whole wiki cant be one mans project. But go ahead, close
it if you like.

from your email address I guess you are also involved in
;-) and I also guess that this wiki has more contributors than the official

IMHO it does not make sense to have two wikis for one language.

If no one objects. I would suggest that you remove the existing pages and put
a text like:

This wiki has been closed down. Please visit either the official openSUSE wiki
in English or the unofficial Finish openSUSE wiki.

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuernberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755;
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)