Re: [opensuse-wiki] Please help with floating design
  • From: Frank Sundermeyer <fs@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 11:27:59 +0100
On Monday 29 December 2008 01:50:00 Kirill Kirillov wrote:

Hi,

http://en.opensuse.org/MultiplicationStation

As you can see my page looks ugly. Initially I've used HTML markup, but
then switched to WIKI, but it didn't help.
Please, help me to improve it and to have really clean and nice look for
package information box.

in addition to what you and Rajko did, I have put the TOC above the table -
this is the only way to have a TOC with a floating element. If you do not like
it, revert to the "12:10, 30 December 2008" version with a disabled TOC.
I have also changed the <pre>s to <div class="shell">, because it let's you
control the width (at least somehow).

The problem with floating elements is, that the wiki template was not designed
to allow floating elements. The TOC and pre-tag, for example, are displayed as
:block and thereforespan the whole content area.
--
Regards
Frank

Frank Sundermeyer, Technical Writer, Documentation
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, Maxfeldstr. 5, D-90409 Nuremberg
Tel: +49-911-74053-0, Fax: +49-911-7417755; http://www.opensuse.org/
SUSE Linux Products GmbH, GF: Markus Rex, HRB 16746 (AG Nuernberg)