Re: [opensuse-wiki] Subpages: request for comment
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 18:39:18 -0500
On Saturday 28 June 2008 12:52:36 pm jdd wrote:
Rajko M. a écrit :
The problem is that there is more groups of articles that made internal
wiki categories pointless to use: YaST, Build Service, KDE etc.

If we choose to use categories, it should be made obvious than title
*must not* include the category name on the beginning. Eventually, set
in at the end in parenthesis (gnome), or in the abstract (first
paragraph without title, before the table of content)

jdd

Daniel.

problem is excessive use of subpages, and it comes up only in categories that
contain mostly or even exclusively subpages of main article like YaST, Build
Service, GNOME.
KDE is accidentally not problem as Josh moved pages in different categories,
but even there all different articles about KDE sit on one pile under letter
K.

The same happens when you look in Portal/All.

Subpages are not the way to create groups of articles.

Well, it seems to be a time to write instructions how to write titles.
I'll look at wikipedia, how they handle this.

--
Regards, Rajko
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal needs helpful hands.