Re: [opensuse-wiki] GNOME and KDE should have their name spaces
  • From: Josh <guitarist198@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 10:21:44 -0700 (PDT)
Rajko M. wrote:
I think that GNOME and KDE should have their name spaces,
like SDB. They are
large enough and they will grow. Title
"GNOME:Extending Nautilus HOWTO" looks
much better than "GNOME/Extending Nautilus
HOWTO". Browsing all articles
about GNOME would be as simple as providing link similar to
one for SDB:
http://en.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special%3AAllpages&from=&namespace=100

No need for categories. Stray cats will be easy to put in
the cage with just
one move from <something about GNOME> to
GNOME:<something about GNOME> . This
would resolve problem how to tag articles that belong to
some large project.
Categories are not really the best way.

As both desktops related articles appear often this should
be discussed fast
and done as soon as possible to minimize amount of work to
move articles in
appropriate place.

--
Regards, Rajko

This sounds like a great idea and a solution that has been long overdue. I
remember after cleaning up KDE and GNOME categories Binner still wanted a way
to view all articles related to KDE. This way anyone who would like to do this
can just view all in that namepsace. I definitely think this is a change that
should come into existence soon.