[opensuse-wiki] Subpages
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 07:15:49 -0500

We should decide how to handle subpages ie. those like:
HowTos/GNOME/ExtendingNautilus

For little benefit of automatic back links (sometimes called bread crumbs)
page title look like URL path which is not good layout. When someone moves
page those back links mix with redirect back links making line that should
help browsing, actually confusing. To see what I mean try this link:

http://en.opensuse.org/HowTos/GNOME/ExtendingNautilus

Page was moved to make HOWTO naming consistent, and now user has 2 links to
follow.

I propose to use subpages to one level depth as additional explanation to the
main article, that user has to read and then go back to the main topic, and
only in such cases where additional explanation is specific to main article.
If it is about how to switch to root, that is used all over the wiki, so very
much not specific it has to go to separate page.

What do you think?

--
Regards, Rajko
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal needs helpful hands.