Re: [opensuse-wiki] We need consent how to write articles
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 20:43:59 +0100
Razi Khaja wrote:

The use of a template might guide writers to follow a layout.

there is one for the SDB. Frankly, I don't like this. I think most writers must have style freedom. We already have a CSS that give a lot of similar layout.

I think the better thing we need is a good page and we can't have it if we set burden on the writer. I personnaly don't like the wiki anonymous way of life, so I mostly write on my own wiki

Documentation don't have to be dusty :-)) and boring :-))

we need robust doc (complete, understandable), the rest...

templates in mediawiki are not the kind of beast you think

So for example some wiki pages start with "Open Yast", others say
"Start Yast", another says "Start up YaST", another says "Fire up
Yast", another says "As root Install Amanda through Yast".

as far as you understand, I think this is a good thing. In the true life, people may use different wording and you nhave to understand them all

writing in the wiki is a voluntary task, don't make the writers run away :-))

jdd

--
http://www.dodin.net