Re: [opensuse-wiki] help/support performance
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 14:01:56 +0100
On Dienstag, 13. November 2007, jdd wrote:
Sven Burmeister wrote:
I don't think the whole wiki is help as such.

it is. what is a help in your mind? shouting "help"?? the help domain
is only usefull for people wanting an other sort of indexing

It is everything, including help-content, with far too many informations on a
single page and thus no help when looking for help. Otherwise there would be
no issue, since people already have found help when looking at
en.opensuse.org, which is not the case.

Google is also help, yet not helpful if a user comes to the site and does not
search. If you search that does not mean that everybody does and it certainly
does not mean there is no need for a big icon and help/support link on each
second start-page.

Please conduct the experiment I outlined and measure whether people will find
help quicker with my approach or via your search-line, which is already
there.

Sven