Re: [opensuse-wiki] help/support performance
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:42:36 +0100 (CET)

The Monday 2007-11-12 at 13:30 +0100, Christian Boltz wrote:

FYI: that icon in my desktop fires up an unintelligible page in
German (, with nothing obvious like the
British or Spanish flag to change the language.

As jdd already wrote, your browser is probably misconfigured and has
accept-language set to german.

Dunno, it's a browser I have never used. It's not mozilla, firefox, konqueror... It it "web browser 2.20.0". It pops an error going to preferences, where there is no language defined at all.

I have no idea what browser this is - and remember that I'm wearing my absolute newbie hat, I know nothing :-P

For your info, I have selected "English" as language, exited the program, hit the help icon again... and it again comes back in German - I verify that English is the selected language in preferencees. The icon is firing... I have no idea what the icon is firing, looking at "properties" of the icon. It just says "online help", no path to a binary. It opens the link "";.

The spanish page exists:
I also verified with a manual telnet call [1] that the server delivers
it if your browser preferences are correct ;-)

Then the browser above - which I assure you is not the browser I normally use, ie, firefox - has now the correct preferences and pulls the German page. Sure, it must be broken and this deserves a bugzilla - but remember the newbie hat, I know nothing :-p

Ah, looking at "ps afx" I learn that it is epiphany:

8105 ? Sl 0:06 epiphany

but this I do not know, remember, and you would have to have a long support conversation with me, if I discover where is the help forum or mail list and how to bottom post and... Ok, I shut up X'-)

However, you are right that there should be a language selector - the
best solution is probably to use a language dropdown as done in the

yep :-)

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
Version: GnuPG v2.0.4-svn0 (GNU/Linux)