Re: [opensuse-wiki] help/support performance
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:06:34 +0100
On Sonntag, 11. November 2007, Nikolay Derkach wrote:
Can people just not admit that the current design is not
helpful?

Sure, it has some rough edges, but it's not totally bad.

In terms of finding help it is. And instead of admitting it you try to argue
against it, which would be alright if you would actually state valid
arguments on a _website's_ performance. The fact that you point to a) a site
that is neither linked on the frontpage, nor on the following and b) an icon
that is on the desktop, i.e. not on the website, really says it all.

Just perform the experiment, as I did, and you will see the differnece in time
until the user gets to the help-pages.

What if I could not install opensuse or want to have a look at available
help before deciding to install it?

Sorry, but you are just ignorant.

That's why I suggest adding a link for help.o.o, and I don't ignore
problems at all.

No, you just point to an icon on the desktop when arguing about a website's
performance on guiding the user to the actual help-pages. You just made my
day!

As long as opensuse.org's performance in guiding the user to the help-pages is
worse than ubunut's or any other there is a problem being ignored there is
something to be improved. If you perform the xperiment you will see the
factor and how bad it performs on this.

Did you ever wonder why this list has hardly any traffic? Is it because there
are no big problems left or because this is an example of group-think?

Sven