Re: [opensuse-wiki] Wiki cleanup
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 13:27:49 -0600
On Thursday 01 March 2007 05:54, Frank Sundermeyer wrote:
> On Saturday 17 February 2007 01:52, Rajko M. wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > We can plan, but we have to look what openSUSE guys are doing too.
>
> Rajko, it is not the community and the openSUSE guys - it's _us_ - the
> openSUSE community ;-).
>
> > They have power to make many changes that we can't
>
> Please let me know whether you (and any other regulars on this list)
> want to get sysop permissions for the wiki, no problem with this.

It is responsibility and if there will be more candidates to share the load
than wiki will benefit from having more sysops.

There should be some rules, however, that normal user doesn't need, but sysop
does.

For instance, what to do with abusive users, what actions are considered
abusive, what has to discussed here and what elswhere. There are some cases
where decision has to be done without procrastination and any sysop should
know what are the limits.

> The "openSUSE guys" will also not do major changes on the wiki without
> discussing them on this list. We cannot grant you access to the servers
> of course, but if you, for instance, think you should be able to work
> on the wiki templates and css files as well, let me know. I am sure we
> will find a solution (the main problem will be testing the skins and
> css files).

I'm not able to change setup of my own local wiki if I can't find instructions
on mediawiki.org. It will take time to learn enough to feel comfortable, but
it might work the other way around, I setup local openSUSE wiki and then test
templates, css files, etc, on newer version that you consider to use as
upgrade one day.

--
Regards, Rajko.
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal