SPAM: Re: [opensuse-wiki] SPAM: sitemap
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 23:22:55 -0600
On Thursday 02 November 2006 11:35, jdd wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The new layout "sitemap" menu entry point to the "browse"
> pagewich is more or less a category page.
>
> This is not really a sitemap.
>
> many time ago I asked for a way to build a true sitemap and
> did not find a acceptable solution, so I began to build one
> by hand on the french wiki, called
> http://fr.opensuse.org/Plan_du_wiki
>
> It's probably time to go ahead now. should we have a similar
> page on the much bigger english wiki, or what?
>
> thanks
> jdd

The idea is similar to
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal
where only graphic layout is different.

It is in the very beginning and in the moment I'm looking how to make my work
easier with few tools that will download, sort and format existing
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Allpages
in wiki format.

Something that you can see
http://en.opensuse.org/Portal/All
is done using kate editor, and it is based on Popular pages
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Popularpages
This is easy, but it is limited to Main name space, and by now I sorted
articles without actually reading content, so there will be some errors.

The categories are another problem that we are trying to solve for some time.
There is a good example on
http://dmoz.org
That will be probably the best source to start with, as it is on line for some
time and it is used by some major directories.

I don't expect that we can just copy the structure, so that will demand some
discussion before it will be implemented. I will try next weekend to find
time to put on paper. BTW I need some application that is making easy to play
with category tree.

Rajko M.