Re: [opensuse-wiki] [FPR] Splash screen: 2nd stage of proposals
  • From: Rajko M <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 23:02:45 -0500
houghi wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 07:17:57PM -0500, Rajko M wrote:
>> Rajko M wrote:
>>
>> <snip>
>>> I'm short with time, but I'll try to play with. If it comes in
>>> mind something that I'd like to show it will be on the wiki.
>>>
>> As promised:
>>
>> http://en.opensuse.org/Image:OpenSUSE-splash-idea-001.png
>>
>> The idea is that globe is not the only one form that can be used to
>> place text. The idea needs more work, but it is more openSUSE like and
>> original than globe that is used and overused.
>
> Looks great. Colours are also more confirm the rest of the site. I
> personaly would like it handled as a 'normal' oage, so have the side and
> the top there and the splash as if it were standard content.
>
> Anyhow, this is the nicest design sofar.

Thanks.
The idea is borrowed from http://en.opensuse.org/Buttons.

It is third in the row, so there are great chances that something really
good can happen.

It needs more tweaking, and of course somebody that can code CSS to put
real links in it. I agree that it would look good within the normal page
too. For instance as a central part of the English page. That will make
look and feel pretty uniform over the site.

The right empty space can be filled with links to all languages, well
for now the list is rather short, but it is 1 year after first appearance.

It is not forbidden to put any useful links here, like news section.

Rajko.
Visit http://en.opensuse.org/MiniSUSE