Re: [opensuse-wiki] opensuse.org frontpage lift-up/redesign
On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 01:58:16AM +0000, q uestion wrote:
> I don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but
> where is the marketing side and the Novell/SuSE
> knowledge involved?
> OpenSuSE has important goals and at the moment the
> frontpage it THE portal to openSuSE. Current subject
> acknowledges there is demand to improve the frontpage
> (or even the site) to better match the goals.

Well, obviously openSUSE.org is _the_ portal for openSUSE.org. openSUSE is
the comunity, so as a comunity it is up to US, members of the comunity to
make that site.

Making a comunity and a comunity site that goes with it is not something
that will be done in a matter of days or perhaps even weeks. It will take
some time, sorry.

I asume that discussion will begin somewhere after FOSDEM. It will
hopefully be a discussion and a process where the Novell marketing people
have at most a guiding role. The site is NOT a marketingtool for Novell
(at least not directly) it is a place for the openSUSE comunity.

houghi