Re: [opensuse-wiki] Wiki Translations (was: Romanian Wiki Translation)
  • From: Peter Flodin <pflodin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:39:22 +1100
On 1/19/06, Sonja Krause-Harder <skh@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> As the official localized wikis continue to be delayed, people from the
> community have started translating the current wiki without waiting for
> the separate instances for each language. I'm not happy that this was
> and still is necessary, but for now it seems to be the only way.

As the openSUSE project is continuing on its journey, I am sure that
we all sometimes wonder what the real interest is, and the size of its
community.

If anything, I think that the numerous unsolicited translations that
have sprung up, shows that there is a small army of people that are
just itching to contribute to this project (and won't let some
technical problem with multiple wiki instances stand in their way :-).

As the stats on the translated pages shows, they are much wanted:

DE-Download (88542 views)
ES-Download (18756 views)
Téléchargements (12448 views)
IT-Download (3303 views)
NL-Download (2814 views)
Download Simplified Chinese 下载 (2190 views)
PT-BR-Download (891 views)

As an aside, the English download page has an impressive:
Download (1884246 views)

Peter 'Pflodo' Flodin
ps. FYI: The wiki shows popularity of pages on this page:
http://www.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Special:Popularpages