Mailinglist Archive: opensuse-wiki-de (66 mails)

< Previous Next >
[opensuse-wiki-de] "Terms of site" for other languages
  • From: "pistazienfresser (see profile)" <pistazienfresser@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 13:55:50 +0200

http://wiki.opensuse.org/index.php?title=Help:Translation&curid=4820&diff=20587&oldid=20566
" +
+
|Please add the following header translated into your language:
<nowiki>{{Info|This is an translation of the [[en:Terms_of_site|openSUSE
Terms of site]] into '''LANGUAGE'''. It does not legally state terms for
these pages—only the original English text of the Terms of site do that.
However, we hope that this translation will help language speakers
understand the Terms of site better.}}</nowiki>"

As legal terms are not congruent in other languages and nether are the
legal systems based on that languages -
this is not a task for a person without an education in legal issues.
And I doubt that such a person (if not very stupid and so not the best
choice to do it at all) will do that without the security of a paid
insurance and/or something that assures he/or she is free of liability
according to the legal system he/she (and probably also the users and
contributors of the wiki in that language) lives in.

And maybe someone professional should also examine which terms of that
standard form contract would be binding in the legal systems the
contributors and the users would probably live in.

Regards
pistazienfresser

--

- openSUSE profile: https://users.opensuse.org/show/pistazienfresser