Re: [opensuse-web] Wiki automatic capabilities for keeping localization up to date
On Thu, Feb 16, 2012 at 12:23 PM, Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 14.02.2012 21:43, Stathis Agrapidis wrote:

Hello everybody,

Hope this is the appropriate list to ask.

In Greece we are trying to figure out the best way to organize the
lokalization of the wiki. We are currently translating pages and we
have already translated a lot but there are two things we need to
figure out:

1) Is there a way to interconnect the translated page to the original
one, so that the wiki knows when the original page changes and
therefore automatically print a message on the translated one that it
might be out of date?

Tip: I have already found out how to list the greek one at the bottom
left box, which shows the translated pages for it. Question is: Is
that enough?

As you already found out, the pages are connected in the sidebar by adding
[[<language>:<pagename>]]. I think there is no build-in method in mediawiki
for the feature you are missing. Maybe there is an extension that can help
here,
if you find one, I can help getting it added to our wiki.

Ok, got it, if I find something I will let you know.

2) The translator knows if the original page changes when it chooses
to watch the original page from the "watch" button. Is there a central
place where all the outdated pages are indicated? I am asking this
because we want to formulate a quality assurance procedure for the
translated wiki.

You can get a list of changes to your watched pages here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Watchlist
and you can get notified by mail on changes if you activate it here:
http://en.opensuse.org/Special:Preferences

Nice, that is exactly what I was looking for!

That's all for now :)

Thanks for helping with the greek wiki :-)

Thanks for your time and answers.

Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tom [at] opensuse.org)